Friday, June 09, 2006

perfectly wonderful

What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.
~Gertrude



Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow





Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world.

~Ada Louise Huxtable











Today...was a perfectly wonderful day.....
It began with a little trip to the pool to relax with some girlfriends...and turned into a trip to the grocery store and a little cookout with the girls!! Food, sunshine, and good conversation, along with some strategically chosen pool toys from none other than the dolla tree....made for a marvelous afternoon! It doesn't get much better. I grilled!! I cooked hamburgers on the grill for the first time ever!! And they weren't bad either! They were good, partially due to Shell-dawgs amazing burger patting skills! A big step in the small life of me! Erica has given me the idea for my first cooking show "Chef Brooke, Let me see ya grill!". Look for me soon on food network! I have to say also, that out of all the pool toys I had the most fun playing BaSeBaLl with pretend bases....except for the few moments where I thought I was going to drown because there are several areas of the pool where I can't touch..and everyone else can! That's always fun and interesting!!

Then...when it seemed that things couldn't possibly get any better...they did!!! Shelly and I went all the way to North Charleston to get BRUSTER's ice cream...and of course i got birthday cake....mmmm....i'm still thrilled just thinking about how great it was!

Now...to end a perfect day the three of us are curled up on the couches in the living room..chillin' and watching the shining. I have to say..I'm quite content.




And you guys who went home for the weekend need to come back!! You are missin' on some serious sunshine time with us!! I miss u guys already!! Where is my giraffe?? What's a weenie dog to do? :-P




2 comments:

Shelly said...

yeah, i got skills ;)

if everything else falls through, maybe i could be the 1st string burger pattier for chef brooke's new show!

ET said...

I know you have missed me and I have missed you, but no fear, I will return!