Sunday, July 16, 2006

starbucks inspiration for shleby

So..I was tryin' very hard to be productive this afternoon...I went on over to the food lion to get me some groceries now that we are in the new apt!! So i get my buggy all full with my stuff and I'm walkin down the isle...with the detergent...very exciting isle....and all of the sudden the lights go out..and the bottom falls out of the sky. So they tell everyone to come to the front of the store...and i'm like pushing my buggy tryin not to hit things in the freakin' pitch black dark and there is another guy on my isle and it is just creepy!! So they all scurry around makin calls and stuff and everyone's standin up front with their buggies and i can here this guy who works there sayin' "they tryin' to send me to the back..i ain't goin back there in the dark...dangerous"...well a few min later they are like "we need everyone to leave now..thanks"...so i left.....being that there was no electricity at our apt either i headed on over to the publix to "re-shop"...i'm not sure if that is a word...but that is totally what i did...so i kinda had two fun grocery shopping trips today and now i kinda think maybe sometimes it is better to take a friend with you just in case you end up in the dark!
So i survived and came back to the apt...and we chilled out for a bit...with no power..and then Shelly took me to STARBUCKS!! best part of the day yo! That white mocha was soooo good and i definately needed it! ne ways on my cup was this little saying and I told Shelly I'd put it in my blog just for her so here goes!

The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating- in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life.
--Anne Morris


So now Et has come over and our power is back and she and shelly and shannon and I are all chillin' in the living room watching practical magic!! Gotta love those midnight margaritas!!


1st night in the new apt!! GOtta make it a good one....definately been the kinda afternoon that makes ya wanna cuddle up with someone special...
night ya'll

1 comment:

Shelly said...

gracias :)