Thursday, March 30, 2006

hatching

I realize now that I may have a small problem....I think i have one too many things on my mind right now and am possibly very close to a burn out if i don't get a serious break seriously soon...i mean there is only so much one girl can handle! I think i'm not alone in this feeling right now which makes me feel slightly...only slightly better about it..however today has been one of those days where you are quite sure that you either got up on the wrong side of the bed...or should not have gotten up at all..I mean its possible that rather than good karma I have bad karma or no karma at all....
I mean I did in fact spill the same bottle (with sealable cap) of coffee 2 times within 10 yards and 2 minutes of each other...who does that??
I guess I really wasn't all that worried until just a few minutes ago. I'm trying to boil like 4 dozen eggs for tomorrow because we're dying easter eggs with the folks at active day. Well....i was putting the eggs down in the water all gently..and i heard something... i swear, i'm not making it up..i swear i heard CHIRIPING...it was like squeak squeak...and then chirp chirp...i am NOT lying!! I HEARD IT!! So i completely freaked out and started picking up all of the eggs out of the water one at a time and placing them to my ear to try and hear which one this chirping was coming from...i did in the middle of this act realize how completely insane i must be but i kept right on doing it till i found....after several minutes and lots of intense listening, the egg containing the CHICK...or atleast that's what i thought...and I have NO IDEA why i would think it would be possible for an egg that has been in the refridgerator and in the grocery store to somehow have a baby chick that begins chirping when placed in warm water...and somehow my mind thought i was drowning a poor helpless little chick...so i thought he needs to be "incubated"..and no lie...i went right ahead and put him under a desk lamp and watched and listend cause i thought i could hatch him...i thought i could...
That's when it hit me!
While standing at the counter watching and listening as intently as possible it hit me that in fact, its very possible that i am COMPLETELY LOSING MY MIND!I mean how can i possibly think that i can pass a pathophysiology test tomorrow, when at that very moment i fully believed i could hatch a small chicken onto my kitchen counter....
Needless to say i snapped myself back out of it and put the poor non-chick filled lifeless egg back into the pot and turned off the lamp....I need a BREAK! I'm just afraid if something doesn't change i'm only going to get worse..next i'll be trying to hatch something from a hotdog or something.....wow...that's all i gotta say....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN and another AMEN.....you are not the only one at the end of their rope. We just gotta hang in there! (chirp chirp)

Shelly said...

we can do it girls. only a couple weeks more. and brooke...if you hatch anything out of a hotdog, it's living in your room. that ain't no lie.