Saturday, April 15, 2006

no place like home....

Boy is it good to be home....exam week was absolutely rediculous..i seriously thought it was possible i would lose my mind before we got done...and then..when we were finished i didn't know what to do with myself. So, I called Mom and Dad and they said "come home!!" of course. Mom was like "just throw all your dirty clothes in a trash bag, and throw everything in the car and come!"....i was sooooo worn out but i went and grabbed some coffee from books-a-million who by the way was having serious issues that day, and then i went back and ran up and down the stairs just piling things into the car... the drive home seemed like it flew by and I was so relieved and thrilled to be done with EXAMS!!
I can't believe how long yesterday was..I mean, yesterday morning seems like it was forever ago! A LOT of things happened...lets see....

1. I got up and Shelly Dawg and I got ready and went to Food Lion to get a cake and candles and such for Christina's B-day!
2. We parked in the parking garage on the sixth floor and people were taking FOREVER to park...but atleast we didn't have to carry that cake on the bus!
3. we took what i thought was quite a difficult pathophysiology exam that i'm praying i did ok on.
4. I went to the nook and finished a work site analysis for Peter and then wrote Jerry's Self-eval paper real quick-like, and did my HIPPA training over again bc the chick lost it....then went and printed it all off and turned stuff in which was a relief to be done with that.
5. Then we had a little "nook party" for Christina. Shelly and I tried to get the cake ready in the hallway and that was almost a serious disaster....really we were a fire hazard.....she picked out these funky candles that took forever to light and i was bout to burn my fingers and she was laughing so the cake was shaking and i was laughing so my hands were shaking and then when i tried to blow out the match before it burned me I blew out half the candles i had lit! So of course we laughed even more as the candles melted and shelly was paranoid we were going to set off the fire alarm..so i resorted to spitting on the matches to make sure they didn't start a fire in the trash but then i spit on my hair..it was serioulsy a rough point in the day...we laughed a LOT! but we survived and the cake was yummy! That's what i ate for lunch! ha..healthy lunch
6. Next we went to Jerry's class where we were all a little loopy from the week being over but it went well and we talked about fieldwork (starts MONDAY woohoo).... we all cheered when class was over...boy was that a good feeling..i really almost cried from relief of the week being over.
7. Went home and tried to figure out what to do next...layed on the bed for like 20 min getting my thoughts together..then went and called my parents who talked me into coming home. Packed up all my things real quick and drove to good ole prosperity!
8. Sat and talked to my mom for an hour then went to "the palms" in newberry, one of only a few choices we had for dinner...it was really good i had salmon..and our waiter was hilarious.....DUDE he is TOTALLY KIPS COUSIN!! for real i am not lying i was wishing i had my video camera!! Where is ET shelly and AMY when you need them?? My parents def wouldn't have understood so i laughed inside like the whole time we were there....then this other random waiter guy brought us our food and called it all chicken even tho it was NOT Chicken..oh well...good to be back in the country...randomness
9. then we went to walmart at like ten thirty to get all kindsa stuff..and there were random people there too..it was so weird being back becasue people are so different here...there were these two really big tall guys wearin their blue jeans and cut-off sleeveless shirts talking all loud and lookin' goofy ...this one guy talkin' all country was like " i can't believe i work at a grocery store and i gotta come to wal-mart to buy groceries" he was so loud! i was like who really says stuff like that and thinks people care?? oh welll...then when we got to the parkin lot he was there again sayin random stuff really loud and i was like there is no way he is really talkin to us this is so weird.
10. went back home and i was sooooo tired i turned on law and order SVU for a bit and couldn't even finish watching to see who the killer was!! i was so sleepy...what a long day to end a long week!!

Today was good though, it started with some really good coffee that Dad made...i washed a TON of clothes..and my car...and cleaned it out and now it smells all nice..i LOVE having a clean car..and i took a lil ride on the golf-cart and washed it too! Yay now everything is clean and it felt like summer-time outside today!! and we had a wonderful supper too! Plus, if i can find my fishing license tomorrow i'm goin fishin'! Yay for bein' home...plus tomorrow is EASTER and the Easter bunny is coming!!

oh, and yay we have an OT blog now!! Thanks to Cara!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

dang that was a long post. looks like one of mine! i forgot about the candle incident. i just laughed out loud.

happy easter.

ET said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your time home! We should do supper this week sometime maybe!:) I know you are missing you some ET. K, well, check ya later, call me if ya want to eat together or just need to hear my voice!;)